Due to a sudden burst in spammer activity, account creation has been temporarily disabled. Sorry for the inconvenience to any new potential contributors.
Hearts of Iron 3
Hearts of Iron III is a grand strategy war game by Paradox Interactive that is the sequel to the previous Hearts of Iron games. It was announced on August 20, 2008 and was released on August 7, 2009.
Hearts of Iron 3 allows the player to take control of almost any nation that existed or even plausibly could have existed during the period of 1936–1948, guiding it through World War II. A variety of decisions regarding the armed forces, production, research, diplomacy, politics and espionage is the focus of the game.
The game centers around three factions: the Axis (Germany), the Allies (Britain and the Commonwealth, as well as the French empire), and the Comintern (the Soviet Union and its allies). All other nations can slowly align with one of the factions. Nations are more likely to side with those with similar ideology.
Resources found in the game include: energy, metal, rare materials, and oil. The first three are required for industrial production, while oil is converted to fuel for vehicles, planes and ships.
The scope of military organization ranges from brigades to entire theaters of operation.
- Play as any nation from 1936 to 1948, more than 100 countries to choose from.
- Control the oceans with aircraft carriers, submarines and battleships and use your air force to defend your skies, support your naval and ground forces, and to bomb your enemies.
- Thousands of historically accurate real-world military commanders and politicians.
- Realistic military command AI with unprecedented levels of interaction.
- In-depth diplomatic and political system.
- Historical accuracy combined with an unparalleled level of freedom of choice.
- Customize your divisions in detail with more than 20 types of brigades.
- Government-in-exile makes it possible to continue to struggle from abroad with underground movements and uprisings against the oppressing power.
- Strategic warfare system makes it more important to defend the skies and oceans against foreign attacks; leaving cities open to enemy bombing will now be devastating.
- A completely new intelligence system, with several types of intelligence sources, makes it possible to get information about enemy reserves and troop movements.
- Assign troops to “theatres” on the map to fight two-front wars more successfully.
- The new AI system and more detailed map will allow for more strategic decisions.
- Flexible technology system with hundreds of categories, and unlimited research.
- Highly realistic historical order of battles.
- The first realistic logistic system ever in a strategy game.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+ (quad core)
- Memory: 2Gb RAM
- Hard disk space: 2 GB Available HDD Space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900
- Sound: Direct X-compatible sound card DirectX®: Direct X 9