| As of July 2013, a new wiki for Europa Universalis III with active admins, more modern software, better spam protection and the possibility to create new accounts(!) has been set up at http://eu3wiki.com/.
All articles from here have been imported, and all users are cordially invited to move over as well :)
Europa Universalis III
From EU3 Wiki
Europa Universalis III (EU3) is a grand strategy game by Paradox Interactive, covering a period of time from the collapse of the Byzantine Empire in 1453 to the French Revolution in 1789. Currently the latest installment of the Europa Universalis series, Europa Universalis III uses a new, 3D engine.
Europa Universalis III is available in three editions:
- North American release (George Washington box art)
- European release (conquistador box art)
- Collector's Edition (box art pictured below)
Four expansions for the game have been released: Napoleon's Ambition (which extends the game's timeframe forward to 1821), In Nomine (which extends the game's start date to 1399), Heir to the Throne, and Divine Wind. All four expansions also add many new features.
This edition was released only to a selected number of retailers, in certain countries only. It contains:
- A 100-page full color strategy guide (now out of date)
- A special Producer introduction to the game
- The official game soundtrack
- Exclusive download content, including a special forum where owners can interact more closely with the game developers
- Composers diary, complementing the soundtrack
- A 140-page 4 color manual
- Sizeable poster map including all provinces
- Collectible stickers
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP
- Intel Pentium 1.9GHz or higher processor (or similar)
- 512 MB computer RAM.
- 128 MB Video RAM graphic card, with pixel shader 2.0, compatible with DirectX 9.0C.
Note that performance might suffer if using an integrated GPU, eg. Nvidia 6100. Paradox is currently working on a way to reduce the Video RAM required for the game to run.
- OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
- Intel or PPC G5
- 64 MB VRAM, 512 MB RAM
- 700 MB hard disk space
- GeForce 5200, Radeon 9600 or GMA950
- Broadband connection for Internet play
- Internet connection for registration
Note: Heir to the Throne is not available for Mac.
- North America - January 23, 2007
- Scandinavia – January 26
- Germany – January 26
- UK – February 2
- France – February 2
- Benelux – February 2
- Italy – February 22