| As of July 2013, a new wiki for Europa Universalis III with active admins, more modern software, better spam protection and the possibility to create new accounts(!) has been set up at http://eu3wiki.com/.
All articles from here have been imported, and all users are cordially invited to move over as well :)
From EU3 Wiki
|Mod name||Mihi Est Imperare Orbi Universo|
|Website|| Subforum on Paradoxplaza |
|Mod version||v5.0.0 May 8th, 2011|
|Game version||Divine Wind v5.1b (March 30th, 2011)|
|Mod extent||Major Overhaul|
|Mod focus||Map, Gameplay, Historical plausibility|
The name of the mod is borrowed from the Habsburg motto: Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo (AEIOU), meaning "It is to Austria to command the entire world". It felt appropriate for the player to state that "It is to me to command the entire world".
The initial purpose of this mod was to build a map for Crusader Kings – Europa Universalis III conversion, so that the maps would be equivalent. However, during the process, it appeared that the map so way off, that gigau slowly redesigned the map completely, with the great help of forumers in the MEIOU thread.
Discussions in the MEIOU thread, and then on the MEIOU subforum, on Paradox Plaza, led me to get MEIOU from just a map mod to a full-scale mod. Among the main features, gigau would point out a better split of France during the Hundred Year War, an improved Holy Roman Empire with several Freie Reichsstaedte, a new China (that will probably be split again), Japan,...
- A completely new interface thanks to Solo_Adhémar
- Most Terra incognita removed
- Over 750 land provinces added
- Existing provinces improved (more accurate land shapes)
- Major overhaul of the Holy Roman Empire with about 10 Free Imperial Cities added
- Many new countries and cultures
- Timeline extended to 1356 (date of the reformation of the HRE to the structure modelled in EUIII)
- National ideas rebalanced
- Events giving traits to the rulers, with bonuses and/or penalties
- Completely revisited governments, based on Kaigon's ATAGE mod
- Possibilities to rise in the hierarchy of titles
- Integration of Helius's SRI Ad Infinitum to improve the AI's behaviour
- A major overhaul of the religious events and decisions based on Dharper's Dei Gratia
- Treaty of Tordesillas to split the world in half between the two first colonizers
- Company charters to colonise and grab provinces in India or South East Asia
- War dynamism to capture provinces in war out of peace deals, based on Alvya's work
- Events of national disasters
- China revisited with the revolt of the Red Turbans
- Japan completely revamped, with a map based on Sakura's Sengoku mod
- Mesoamerica and the Andean region revisited with many new nations
- MEIOU:Bartolomeu's Expeditions for Europa Universalis III
- MEIOU:Napoleon's Ambitions for Napoleon's Ambition
- MEIOU:Joan's Visions for In Nomine
- MEIOU:Philippe's Heirdom for Heir to the Throne
- MEIOU:Tokugawa's Destiny for Divine Wind
They are available in English, French and German.
Mods of MEIOU
Several MEIOU fans have chose to start mods using MEIOU as a basis. They can all be found in the MEIOU subforum of Paradox Plaza.
- PEIOU by Mr Capitalist, for IN v3.2, with an alternate history following a CK game
- The Eagle, the Cross and the Crescent by Crazy_Ivan80, to play MEIOU in 1050
- Feudal Europa by PUBLICOLA Titus, to play MEIOU where the Western Europe kingdoms never emerged
- New decisions for MEIOU by faboj, to create new nations
A Byzantine flavor add-on for MEIOU, led by trajanus161, is in the pipeline A MEIOU-light for multiplayer games is also in the works