| As of July 2013, a new wiki for Europa Universalis III with active admins, more modern software, better spam protection and the possibility to create new accounts(!) has been set up at http://eu3wiki.com/.
All articles from here have been imported, and all users are cordially invited to move over as well :)
From EU3 Wiki
EU3toRev is a save game conversion utility produced to convert EU3 savegames into the Victoria format. A EU3 savegame from any date can be converted, but the target Victoria date is always 1836, the year the Grand Campaign starts. The converter tries to convert held and national provinces, capitals, ports, infamy, prestige, money, factories, armed forces (excluding artillery), governments and populations from EU3 to Victoria as closely as possible. Some things that could have been converted have been deliberately left out, such as wars and controlled provinces.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded folder to an empty folder with at least 200MB free space. Place the EU3 savegame for converting in this folder while ensuring no other .EU3 files are present.
- Copy the contents of the Utilities folder in the from the download into the same folder used above. Information about these files can be found at Sourceforge and they all covered by open source licenses ).
- Open eu3mmptorev.bat in a text editor such as notepad and edit the following lines: set InstallDirectory="C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Victoria" <- Change this to the local Victoria directory location. Set Version=InNomine <- Change InNomine to MMP if converting from that or Vanilla if converting from EU3 without the In Nomine expansion.
- Double-click on the eu3mmptorev.bat file.
- In the popup window that should appear select the desired link package, navigate to and open the .EU3 file and then press convert.
- Once the converting process has finished proceed in the CMD window.
- Run Victoria and select the converted file (name will be the same as that of the EU3 save game) from the saved games list and load it as an insignificant nation, let the game run until day 2 and then save it. It is then possible to load the newly saved game and play it using any nation.