| As of July 2013, a new wiki for Europa Universalis III with active admins, more modern software, better spam protection and the possibility to create new accounts(!) has been set up at http://eu3wiki.com/.
All articles from here have been imported, and all users are cordially invited to move over as well :)
Defender of the Faith
From EU3 Wiki
Any country may claim the title Defender of the Faith for their particular religion. Claiming it costs around 500 ducats. You lose the title as soon as you lose a war. A white peace as the aggressor counts as a loss. You will not lose the title for refusing a Call to Arms.
- A Call to Arms against any country declaring war on a country with your religion (which you defend). This includes a Casus belli on nations with your religion if they declare on another nation of your religion.
- A prestige bonus (+1%/year)
- A bonus of 0.5 to both Land and Naval morale
- Increased monthly war exhaustion reduction of 2.5%
- No badboy points for a declaration of war supporting an ally with your religion (pre-HTTT)
- Trade and production research becomes 20% more expensive (!)
- The revolt risk in provinces without your state religion will be higher